Thursday, February 17, 2011

Rocky Mountain Cookies


This was my second time making these cookies.The first time I made them the dough was to dry, so I added a bit of milk. This time I used 1/2 cup less oats and they turned out perfect.


1 c sugar
1 c packed light brown sugar
1 c butter, softened
2 large eggs
1 tsp vanilla
2 c flour
1 tsp
baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking powder
2 c old-fashioned oats(I used 1 1/2 cups)
2 c rice Krispies
2 c chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

In a large bowl, cream together the sugars and butter until light and fluffy. Add the eggs and vanilla and beat well. Add flour, baking soda, salt and baking powder to butter mixture. Mix. Fold in oats, cereal and chips. Drop tablespoons of thee dough onto lightly greased or lined baking sheet. Bake for 10-12 minutes until the cookies are lightly golden.

Soure: Mel's Kitchen Cafe

No comments:

Post a Comment